Streaming, conference calls, and online meetings are all the rage ever since the COVID-19 pandemic began. These circumstances have skyrocketed the price of webcams and caused a shortage of stocks. With that, webcams that are just a perfect balance of cost and performance are hard to find these days.
We reviewed some of the best budget streaming cameras to help you pick a device that can give you a bang for your buck as a novice streamer.
Best Budget Streaming Camera: Aukey PC-LM1
AUKEYPOWER FHD Webcam, 1080p Live Streaming Camera with Stereo Microphone, Desktop or Laptop USB Webcam for Widescreen Video Calling and Recording
- Full HD Video: High-definition 1080p 2-megapixel webcam with 1/2.9” CMOS image sensor and built-in stereo microphones. Delivers sharp, smooth video for Skype chats and YouTube recordings
- Live Streaming & Recording: Excellent video quality with 1080p streaming and recording at 30fps. Good performance even in dimly lit rooms. Fixed focus keeps things in focus up to five meters away. Stream and capture clearer and more detailed video, also with stereo sound
- Fast Installation: Conveniently clip this camera onto flat-screen computer monitors and laptop computer screens or stand it on desks and other flat surfaces
- Easy Use: No drivers or software to install; just plug this webcam into your device’s USB port. Compatible with Windows XP, Mac OS 10.6, and Android 5.0 or above
- Package Contents: PC-LM1E 1080p Webcam, User Manual
The Aukey PC-LM1 is a budget webcam that packs some decent features. It records at 1080p and covers a wide view with angles up to 65 degrees. Additionally, it does some light quality corrections that improve video look.
The device is quite portable with a durable build quality. It also features two stereo microphones, but the sound is not on a par with streaming standards. Nonetheless, a tiny investment in a microphone can complement the shortcoming. Overall, the webcam has good features, and it’s also easy on the wallet.
- Reasonable cost
- Full HD video quality
- Decent build quality
Things to consider
- Fixed focus
- Average sound quality
Best Design Budget Streaming Camera: Razer Kiyo Pro
Razer Kiyo Pro Streaming Webcam
$99.99 in stock
11 used from $80.95
- High-Performance Adaptive Light Sensor: The webcam is driven by a larger Type 1,2.8 ultra-sensitive CMOS sensor with STARVIS technology that adapts to any lighting condition, ensuring picture-perfect clarity for any setup
- Uncompressed 1080p 60FPS: With the highest fidelity that comes with uncompressed Full HD 1080p 60FPS video, your stream will be more engaging and natural to watch with smooth, lifelike quality
- HDR-Enabled: Make your stream pop with a full spectrum of vibrant colors by activating HDR at 30FPS, which ramps up your video’s dynamic range while correcting over and underexposed areas
- Wide-angle lens with adjustable FOV: Find the right amount of visual space you need to display your showmanship, with a large aperture, wide-angle lens that allows for three field-of-view options selectable via Razer Synapse
Razer’s Kiyo Pro is a high-end webcam that packs in some advanced features. It records 1080p at an incredibly smooth 60fps and allows you to toggle between three fields of view. Thanks to its ultra-sensitive light sensors, it adapts pretty well in dynamic light conditions.
With all these modern features, Razer specifically markets it for streamers and gamers willing to spend beyond a handsome amount. The camera design is also cylindrical, which is similar to a DSLR lens. Overall, it’s a bit on the pricey side but it’s an elegant and premium webcam.
- Adjustable FOVs
- Trendy design
Things to consider
- Very expensive
- Requires USB 3.0 port
Best 1080p Budget Streaming Camera: Logitech C922x
Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam – Full 1080p HD Camera
$93.44 in stock
1 used from $108.89
- Web camera specifically designed and optimized for professional quality video streaming on social gaming and entertainment sites like Twitch and YouTube
- Stream and record vibrant, true to life HD 1080P video at 30Fps/ 720P at 60FPS. Compatibility Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10, macOS X 10.9 or higher, XBox One, Chrome OS, Android v5.0 or above, USB port. FoV: 78 degree
- Full HD glass lens and premium autofocus deliver razor sharp, clear video in consistent high definition while 2 built in mics capture your voice in rich stereo audio
- Record clear videos even in dim or poorly backlit settings with automatic light correction. Cable length: 5 feet
- 1 - year limited warranty
The Logitech C922x hits the sweet spot in terms of performance and budget. It records 1080p at 30fps as well as 720p at 60fps at 78 degrees of broader viewing angle. It even comes with a three-month Xsplit license, which is a popular streaming software.
Besides the sleek look, the device also comes with two microphones capable of recording high-quality sound. A number of cool features are available in it, including autofocus, background replacement, and audio enhancement. The bottom line is that the device is more than a bang for your buck.
- Reasonable price
- Durable build
- Excellent video quality
- Impressive sound quality
Things to consider
- Inconsistent background replacement
- No privacy shade
Best Features Budget Streaming Camera: Logitech StreamCam
Logitech for Creators StreamCam Premium Webcam for Streaming and Content Creation, Full HD 1080p 60 fps, Premium Glass Lens, Smart Auto-Focus, for PC/Mac - Graphite
$149.99 in stock
1 used from $189.99
- Full HD 1080p at 60 fps — Stream and record in full 1080p HD resolution at 60 fps for sharp, natural video with smooth motion.
- Premium Glass Lens with Smart Auto-Focus — Capture vibrant, true-to-life image quality with crisp details using StreamCam’s premium glass lens and smart auto-focus system.
- Auto-Framing and Intelligent Exposure—Auto-framing keeps you in the center of the shot, even as you move left or right, while intelligent exposure ensures you look good in varying lighting conditions.
- Optimized for Popular Live Streaming Software — Effortlessly stream to Twitch, YouTube and more using popular live streaming software like Open Broadcaster Software (OBS), XSplit and Streamlabs OBS.
- Versatile Mounting Options — Achieve the perfect framing with landscape or portrait modes and mount on your monitor or directly on a standard tripod.
The Logitech StreamCam sits at a pricey side for a webcam. The camera seamlessly captures 1080p at 60fps. Plus, it comes with autofocus and good color balance features, making it ideal for streaming and conference calls.
The device allows recording 360p, 720p, and 1080p resolutions with either 24, 25, 30, 50, or 60fps, providing greater flexibility. Another cool thing worth mentioning is its Logitech Capture software. The software is quite robust and allows configuring various settings that could greatly impact the outcome.
Finally, The cubic design is quite stylish, available in black or a white and gray combination. It’s also possible to rotate the lens and record in both portrait and landscape. To sum it up, it is a high-end webcam with some excellent features.
- Smooth recording at 60fps
- Impressive video quality
- Unique design
- Good color balance
Things to consider
- Very expensive
- Lacks variable field of view
Best Noise-Canceling Budget Streaming Camera: NexiGo Streaming Webcam
NexiGo AutoFocus 1080p Webcam with Stereo Microphone, Software Control and Privacy Cover, N930AF FHD USB Web Camera, Compatible with Zoom/Skype/Teams/Webex, PC Mac Desktop
3 used from $41.99
- 【FHD 1080P Autofocus Webcam】 The NexiGo N930AF Webcam features a two MP CMOS with up to 1080p resolution at 30fps. With a 7 cm starting point and amazing range, the autofocus feature is able to ensure your videos are always sharp and crystal clear. The autofocus can also be turned off to manually set your focal point if needed, unlike fixed focus cameras that require you to be within a specific distance.
- 【Webcam w/ Privacy Cover】 The privacy cover for the NexiGo N930AF covers the lens when it is not in use. This helps prevent criminals from accessing your webcam without your knowledge. It also helps to protect the lens from dirt and debris to ensure your video remains clear for the life of the camera.
- 【Built-in Microphone & Noise Cancellation】 The built-in noise-canceling microphone reduces ambient noise to enhance the sound quality of your video. Great for Zoom / Facetime / Video Calling / OBS / Twitch / Facebook / YouTube / Conferences / Gaming / Streaming / Recording / Online School.
- 【USB Webcam Plug and Play】 Works with USB 2.0, no additional drivers required. Ready to use in one minute or less with any compatible device. The convenient folding design allows you to easily take it anywhere, and the 6.5 ft (2 Meter) USB cord is long enough for any task. The mounting clip can be flexibly placed on any monitor / laptop / smart TV / tripod / or any flat surface.
- 【Widely Compatible & Multi Application】The NexiGo N930AF webcam is compatible with multiple operating systems, and can be used with almost all video meeting software. Compatible with Windows XP/7/8/10, Mac OS 10.6, Linux 2.6.24, Chrome OS 29.0.1547, Ubuntu Version 10.04 or above, and more.
NexiGo’s Streaming Webcam stands out in terms of price-to-performance ratio. With its incredible features, this product is very reasonably priced. It records 1080p full HD at 60fps, and on top of that, it features autofocus and 65 degrees of view angle.
This webcam gives quite decent output in terms of color, sharpness, and light adaptability. The physical design is durable and it also accommodates microphones. However, the sound quality may not be up to par. Despite this, it’s still a very solid device for its price range.
- Value for money
- Smooth 60fps recording
- Adaptive auto-focus
Things to consider
- Below average sound quality
- Footage gets noisier in low light performance
Best Budget Cameras for Live Streaming